Saturday, October 22, 2005

Enterprise Architect Journey

There are always experiences in both career and life..some will be life changing.

One year back, I read a book "To Kill A Mocking Bird". A scene when the character Atticus Finch kills a mad dog. That makes him a larger-than-life character in the eyes of his 9 year old daughter Scout. It's brilliant. It shook my notion of heroes amongst the characters... I became a fan of Harper Lee

Something like that happened when I started my Enterprise Architect Certification journey. I was very skeptal as this certification is successfully achieved by many who has not even an iota of knowledge about enterprise architectures. But, as I started going through tonnes of material for preparation and hours I am going to put in the assignment, I felt extremely content.

In my job, many times I okayed many designs, even if it is against my conviction. (often political reasons). With this SCEA Part 2 assignment, I have an opportunity to architect a solution with the complete freedom as my heart feels.

We will see how it goes.

And BTW another book I read today is mesmerizing - "Patterns Of Enterprise Application Architecture" - Martin Fowler

No comments: