Friday, April 28, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2


Last night I downloaded IE 7 Beta and installed the same. I felt so excited about the multiple tab feature. The first thing I did was opened second tab and tried to enter an URL address...BOOM IE crashed!! I tried multiple times and it did not recover. Rebooted my laptop, but no use, Finally I decided to try their free support from Microsoft on Saturday morning. Will see whether they can solve the problem.

So much for their caption " We heard you , you wanted it easier and more secure". In fact I wanted it to be reliable without a crash. For me that is #1 priority. My Firefox never ever crashed. I have been using it for the past 2 years.

Apart from these hiccups (unresolved yet), The browser is cool. I particularly liked these features
a) Simplified look and feel
b) Feed grabber
c) Printing (I love this much needed feature)

MS definitely improved IE in leaps and bounds.

I really wish them luck for Vista (when it really sees light of the day. Easter 2007??)

IE 7 Home Page - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx


On 04/29/2006, I called free IE 7 support and told them situation. They promptly gave me the solution they have been giving since MS started business - uninstall and reinstall the software. I already did that. So they advised me to continue using IE 6. Wondeful. I love my Firefox even more from now.

No comments: