Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Train Derailment in Tampa, FL



These are the pictures of a cargo train accident that happened few minutes before I passed by. It was on July 30th 2006 on Busch Blvd in Tampa. Myself, Ravi, Sreedevi and Sandhya were on our way to Busch Gardens theme park for summer nights event. I got some kind of sadistic happiness when I saw a train accident that too in USA in the middle of the city. I though these are common only in India. After seeing this accident, I did a simple Google search and found that so many train accidents happened even in the developed countries (like the 1999 London collision). Here is the list from Wikipedia. Strangely, I did not find any huge accident in India earlier to 1981. May be that is when most of the tracks started becoming old and safety issues started to show up.

No comments: