Saturday, April 07, 2007

Service Oriented Architecture

When everybody are talking about SOA, I would like to put my perspective. For me, this is a new way of building systems as well as wiring systems without hardwiring. Here we have to carefully create topologies keeping basics in mind.

I see enterprises with event-centric environment, where most of the interactions are fine grained events. For these, message driven systems with a reliable message broker will be appropriate.

On the other hand, enterprises with large volume data processing should be optimized for processing with either mainframes/ large CPU based work horses.


ESB systems are still important, but more in the event-centric environment.

Again, my take might change as I go deep into the implementations I am working on.

No comments: