Sunday, February 24, 2008

Toyota, Be my Valentine....


I may be mistaken for a Republican if you just read the title. Please read on to get the complete context.

Usually our cars give few miles less than EPA mileage because we do not always drive in ideal conditions. Recently I drove to Key West on Overseas Highway (US 1). When I casually checked the mileage, I went for a shock. My Toyota Camry Hybrid gave 47.3 miles per gallon (20.11 KM Per Liter) all the time running AC but with an average speed of 40 miles per hour due to traffic. It is a very good gas mileage I believe. Toyota is one of the few companies that got their hybrid strategy right. If they could bring their price levels a little bit low, they can really claim to reduce the green house emissions significantly.

No comments: