Thursday, September 04, 2008

What is the hype around Google Chrome

Yes it is an important milestone for Google. For a company that makes almost all it's revenue out of Web naturally wants to build a web browser. I liked the reason why they started this project. Being a Google fan, I liked the clean L&F as well as making the tab, a first class entity.

But what is it for the Internet as a whole? Did this release really revolutionalize the Web? It is making an already existing product even better. Firefox did that already before bogged down by the heaviness of the plugins and memory leaks. Firefox 3 is better. IE is improving. Safari is cool. And Opera etc are having their own share however little it might be. But the whole blogosphere is gaga over this release which seems odd. Now it seems to justify all the mileage iphone got. Well I will also blog about my new iphone..that is a separate post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good question. What do you think? I don't understand why they couldn't have enhanced Firefox.

Harini krishna said...

Hello.I am harini..I don't know whether u remember me or not.(Sullurupeta.Gayatri and harini)..Got me??Recently came across ur blog.Nice one..Didnt find ur mail id here,so jus leaving a comment..Do sty in tuch.Bye

Vamsi said...

That is correct Sukumar. I think it is perhaps to give more choice or to do a ground up design without being constrained by existing limitations on the architecture.

Vamsi said...

Harini, So thrilled to see your comment. What a surprise. I visited your blog..it is cool. Keep posting. I also left you an email to your gmail. Reply when you get a chance.