Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Marine and the Nub

Last night, while returning from New York at the Tampa International Airport, I noticed few ABC Action News reporter along with camera crew outside the airport luggage belts. Then I saw a short guy come out of the door and I thought he is the celebrity. But surprisingly the cameras were aimed down towards a dog. I thought this is crazy. When I asked the reporter who that guy is, she gave me a dont-you-know-anything look and told he is the US Marine who saved Nub. My mind went numb. First I thought Nub is a person saved by the Marine. Then when I saw news crew focusing on the dog, I thought K-9 sends dogs to Marine Corps and that dog is the marine.

When I came home and googled, I found that the dog is a stray dog in Iraq. Marine Maj. Brian Dennis who hails from our area saved it from abuse at Iraq and reunited at USA. It is a touchy story with a pet angle. I also read that they are planning to make a move. (what a metaphor!!! Hail Hollywood). But really a noble act by this Marine.

No comments: