Saturday, April 26, 2008

Twitter

This is an amazing story of how powerful the social networking is and how social communities help in real life.

On the side note, I would like to warn that privacy is a never ending debate. I see orkut for sure is abused by many folks. The scrap messages range from sharing phone numbers, addresses to much more personal details. Some even proposing, dating on scraps. Either the implications are not well thought of or they are careless.

I am also not sure how much net educated are parents. I hope that these social networking sites publish some articles on child safety etc for creating awareness to parents. Ideally teachers also should play a major role in this.

BTW, I twitter at https://twitter.com/vamc Welcome to my friends

2 comments:

sukumar said...

Nice post Vamsi. I had not heard about this twitter story. Thanks for sharing.

Vamsi said...

Thanks Sukumar. I was thrilled reading this hollywood style story. I am sure in future, we will hear so many such things. One way I see that web 2.0 is a disruptive technology that may break authoritative regimes and bring information into people hands.