Sunday, July 06, 2008

Aamir - the movie, FARC - the fools

Last evening I watched the movie Aamir. While the story seemed familiar, I liked Rajeev Khanelwal's performance. He emoted very well in a controlled manner. I thought the climax was a bit draggy. The big villain seemed to be prompting the hero to become a noble person. If that fellow has so much network to cause havoc, I dont understand why he cant get someone to plan the bomb. He doesnt need an NRI doctor for that IMO. The movie has good technical values and honest story telling. A must watch if you like movies like Bhopal Express, Satya etc

Last week mainstream media is full of praise for Columbian Armed forces for ending the 5 year hostage drama in a bloodless fashion. First I thought that this would make a good Bollywood movie. But wait, isn't the movie Drohikaal (or the Telugu/ Tamil movie Drohi the same story!!)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/07/03/hostage.drama/index.html

Interesting....

No comments: