Monday, July 21, 2008

JFK Airtrain

Just a tribute to this cool service. I wish all indian airports are as connected to their respective cities as JFK is. I usually fly into JFK even though La Guardia is closer to midtown.
From the gate to air train - 8 minutes walk
Wait for Airtrain - 5 minutes average
Airtrain ride to Jamaica Station - 12 minutes
Jamaica Station to Subway station - 6 minutes
Subway Train E to 50th Street 8th Ave - 40 minutes

A little over 1 hr 15 mins and 7$ total fare, I can be in my client office. I love it..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool indeed. I have used it. They have a similar one in newark as well.

Vamsi said...

Yes Sukumar. But Newark to NY Penn Station costs 1 and it takes almost same time. If we factor in cost also, I still feel JFK is cheapest. But NJ Transit will be more luxurious ride and we usually get seat.

Vamsi said...

I mean 15$

ajlounyinjurylaw said...

They've got the travel down to a T.